s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dinner for 2

While out shopping with Xavier on Saturday at Vivo Giant.. I saw a huge sharkfin melon. I thought of making soup with it, since last week I have made soup like lotus root as well as old cucumber and run of of idea what other soup to make.. But its too big.. Luckily the lady agree to halve it for me...

As usual.. Getting my P-Cooker to work again.. yummy soup
I tried using some frozen spare ribs I got from cold stroage..surprisngly they are much better than those of NTUC.. its the prime ribs unlike the ntuc ones which are soup bone ribs.
Now we are a big fan of this brand of ribs.. hee
Just throw in a handful of red dates and also a honey date, not forgetting the sharkfin melon which have been rid of the seed n skin then boil for 20 mins and let the PC do the rest of the job..
Last time when mum cook shark fin melon she will use the tedious method of using a steamer to steam the melon 1st and take out the shark fin like meat from the melon.. but Im just too lazy...
Also I gave all my dry cuttle fish n etc a skip.. I just wan somethg light for dinner...
Sharkfin Melon Soup
The soup is indeed sweet n light.. very yummy
Then I need sth else to go w the soup since its probably not enuff to feed an ever growing me.. hehe..
With the fish paste I got, I used J method of cooking it w eggs. Just whisk up the egg, add inthe fish paste and used my fork to slice the paste up ... I pan fry them to satisfaction...
Like she say : chai tow kueh...
Oh.. I added some cilantro into the mixture too since we love that tate too...
Fish Paste Omelette
I kept some soup for tomolo so I can make noodles with it.. `giggle`...
Now I scratching head what soup for thurs... Helppppppp