s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sambal Belachan

I dunno if I can call this sambal belechan.. I assume I can Since I did this to fry kang kong.

I dun realy dare to do belachan since the kitchen or rather the whole house will stink up...
But I am craving for spicy stuff thi sfew days and so... hehe

Pretty easy n yummy too...


Sambal Belachan

before I forget.. let me jot down the ingredients needed:

Ingredients
Handful of Dried shrimps, washed n soaked in water
½ inch pc of belacan
6-8 red chillies
1 onion
8 or more garlic cloves
Some oil


Method

1. Soak dried shrimps with water.
2. Blend together (or use a mortar & pestle) chilies, belacan, garlics and onion till a paste is form. Add in shrimp and blend for a while just to break it into pieces.
3. Heat oil and fry paste for 5 minutes or more until fragrant. Colour shld turn darker.
4. Let cool n used accordingly

I made extras to freeze so I can use it whenever I want...