s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bee Z Bakes

I haven got much tiem to blog for the past few days.. In fact I dun even have time to reply mails.. tsk tsk.. bad time management ahh?

Anyway... into my 5th batch of the same recipe for now..


Cranberry, Raisins, Oatmeal cookies...

Very long name ahh... mayb shld renamed it as Very Berries Cookies hehe

I 1st baked it last week aft J showed me the pic.. and I tot it looks good... well needless to say it was a HIT.. in fact S ate so much that she is asking me to bake more...

one of the 1st few who gotto try them was A too.. she told me her girl loves it too...

Glad that my cookies are making so many people happy this xmas =)

My cookie jar been fluctuating from VERY full to half full.. then Filled up again..
Mainly becos of the req of cookies sale cum xmas pressie.

Cuen and some other friends have requested for the recipe and I thought since its so easy .. perhaps I should share it...

Org recipe is from Cranberry oatmeal white chocolate cookies adapted from Annabel Karmel's "Family Favourite Recipes"(which I came across via little cyberspot)

Tweaking the recipe further...

150g plain flour
120g brown sugar
150g butter
50g instant oats
50g dried cranberries
30g raisin(I prefer it w raisin so i can have the chew)
25g ground almonds
2oz (about 56 g)white chocolate but I use dark chocolate
2 eggs yolks
1/2 ts baking soda
1/2 ts salt
1ts vanilla essence

1. Preheat oven at 190 degrees C. Sieve together the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the ground almonds, brown sugar, oats, raisins, cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
2. Melt butter in a small pan over low fire. Stir the butter into the dry ingredients together with the egg yolks. Mix well, then using your hands, form balls of dough, pressing down on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Leave space in between the cookies for them to spread.
3. Depending on how big your cookies are, bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until sufficiently browned. Remove and cool on wire rack for them to harden. ( I bake it only till 10 mimns cos I like chewy cookies)

And admist the busy baking of cookies.. I gotto do a pralet again...


For Huahua birthday...

Caca had req me to add more flowers.. and so later I gotto touch up and give her more flowers =p

Happy Sweet 19th Huahua =)