s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Penang Day 3

Day 3 we took a short morning tour of about 4 hours. Snake temple was 1 of the highlight.

Being a hot day as usual... all we want is a cooling drink.. I would say apart from the previous night dinner which we had soft drink(cola), we din realy had soft drinks there... and we saw the coconut stall again..



We love coconut drinks.. and this is our number dunno hw many coconut already =)

Thumbs up!!

Next was the visit to Penang Hill


The day before we actualy went there after visiting Kek Lok Si... we walked fr KLS to PH.. about half hour walk (we could have taken a cab but I wanted to see more things)

Tram ride was crazy... its packed and hot... like sardine... and we realise... we din have lunch ... hehe and we grab a Ramly Burger and some Goreng Pisang...



With a nice view of Penang in front of us.. the cooling breeze blowing by







We sat under the tree... eating our lunch slowly







there are a couple of small stalls on Penang Hill... like any other stalls at the foot of the Hill, they sell stuff like Nutmeg which is the Penang local products.
Nutmeg originated from penang.. and no other parts of Malaysia can you find them





A typical Nutmeg Stall selling different kind of nutmeg products.



Dinner was at Pragin Mall.. and we decided to walk back tot he hotel.. its no short journey in fact.. but still .. the back packing bug is still biting me...



Along the way.. I thought I saw a familiar name on the map... "Kimberly Street".

I rem a friend teling me of some yummy there.. whisking out my PDA and giving it a check.. Ahhh I know what I want.. and so .. we started to look for the street..


I was quite disappointed when we reach Kimberly St... cos, it seems so deserted.. Dear told mi they are probably close... and I dont have exact address of where are the shops.. Refusing to give up.. I pester dear to walk further.. aft each 20 meters I promise him we will turn back if we still dont see any stalls.. My preseverence paid off after 10 mins...

I thought I saw a stall
....

then 2 stalls.. ahh I got them!!!



Almost immediately I told dear.. I am looking for the Almond creame stall...

We only see the soy bean drinks one... no almond.. dear said they prob arent there .... but still I din giv up.. and of cos I was rewarded...



What do you tink of if you see you tiao?




Porridge?? tau suan?? or in this case? with some whiteish back ground...



Wrong...



its





Almond Creme paired with you tiao



the creme is rather runny unlike the HK version which is thick..but this is not too sweet.. and it give a nice fragrant bitter sweet after taste... I guess its the proportion of the "nan bei xin" or better known in chinese as the North and South apricots seeds. Its really nice.. and I do wished I had a 2nd serving..but I was too full

Dear.. being a non almond fan... He order something else

Lotus seeds with dried Longan dessert

A little like cheng teng I guess

As we crossed the road preparing to leave for the rest of the journey... the smell of belechan caught our nose...


This stall is selling Belachan fried chicken... as well as fried tofu

Unable to resist... we bought some to munch while walking...


Belachan Fried Tofu

It its cripsy on the outside.. soft n juicy inside.. very nice smelling tofu.... only if u dun mind belachan =p



Belachan Fried Chicken

They are fried all in super hot oil on the spot...


Sizzling...

On the way back.. I saw this indian movie theatre.. reminds me of the 80s Gay World cinema which my neighbour will bring me along...

Memoriessss