s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Berry Oreo Cheesecake?

Admist my crazy bakign schedule which came last min... Ranging from mango cake, to beutter cake, walnut cake and my mum birthday cakes (photo coming up shortly...) I squeezed in some time to bake a cheesecake... since I am supposed to go with dear for Deepavali house visit.

Decided to make oreo base cheesecake since I got loads of Oreo left... and sicne I was very reluctant to make plain cheesecakes.. I decide to give a twist to them w my left over ingredient in the fridge... strawberry and cherries...



Berries Oreo Cheesecake

U can see the bits of halved cherries ... then I stir in some strawberry puree into some of the cheese mixture and create some swirl....

I did 50% more of the recipe cos I was greedy for a tall cake.. Luckily lady luck was on my side this time round.. the cake dun really crack up as it had happened last time... Instead I got a nice smooth flat top.. dun ask me how I did it cos I really dunno.. I bake it for near 80mins that is 1 hour 20mins...

But who knows dear was delayed dancing with the shark for 2 days and thus by the time he came back.. he was pretty tired out and too late to go house visit... so I ended up giving 2 pcs of the cke to Leelee when she came by this morning... and the restof the cake I guess will go to Angie's and Alvin's tummy and of cos dear's....

Not too sure how does this taste as yet... but Im sure its yummy =)

Happy Deepavali