s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

La Fondue @ Demsey Hill

Lunch was on Dear today... well everyday is on him la hehe... but today .. he brought me to Dempsey again... wanted to go bk to Au Salut Petit but they were full house as usual... ..

After walking around... seen some things here n thr in that estate



This mini fountain got 2 monsters under neath...





The fish (tilapia i think) is bigger than me.... 2 of themm...

Walked around to hunt for food...

Finaly I decided on La Fondue...



I was 1st introduce to fondue in wehre else but Sweden... ther eis this small little shop near my painting class... pretty ex.. but we love it... subsequently in Switzerland we had it too... Then.. there were 3 of us.. so we could easily afford to order 3 type of fondue and share... mainly the cheese, white wine n chocolate.. and so here I cant seem to decide what I want...

FinalY dear decided for me.. we had the Minden Set.. which consist of the following... BTw.. the waiter advise us not to have fondue IF we r in hurry.. cos its supposed to b enjoy slowly

well... we can hav 1 salad per pax...

Dear choose



Ceasar Salad

And I choose



Garden Salad with Yoghurt dressing

Simply love the olive in it.. its good grade olives... it give the salad a v nice smell... I love olives...

Ahh before I forget... the fondue uses neither solid fuel nor candle light. they use eletric hotplate like this



So only the pot is heated not the plate nor can it scald our hand... I got 1 similar one in the storeroom waiting for mi to use heheee

Table setting...

2 fondue fork for ur fondue later.

Att this point of time... I keep tinking... we are only having 1 fondue... ie the chicken broth ....

Just then...



The cheese arrive... with bread of cos... I choose 3 cheese flavour.. I tot the cheese means we r having solid cheese like hw u eat them while pairing with wine... how stupid am I... yes 3 cheese fondue.. I LOVE cheese...
still rem my cheese from Amsterdam... which I painstakingly bring bk after my summer holiday bk to Sweden then to Singapore few months later...

Here is the accompaniement for the cheese



Closer look...



The ham is fantsatic.. the brocolli is soso.. since its onli liek 10% cook b4 u dip it intot he cheese... the caulifalower err.. sucks.. cos it stink... but we ate it anyway... Bread stick and carrot was good.. so is the celery.. not forgettign the Arnott wafer... and the water cress.... corns tooo...



Then came then nxt dish after we finish the above

the sauce that came along... 7 type

Mainly the herbs dressing, vinegratte, black pepper, mustard, home made chilli, herbs mayo, tomato paste.



the chicken broth fondue... with a sprig of rosemary and some dill added to it.. .enhance the flavour greatly... I love rosemary... ahhhh
but then later on I reaslie.. its actualy cream fo chicken soup haha.. now I know their secret...



Star of the day
salmon, prawns, lobster, scallop, chicken and venison meat...

The food are VERY FRESH... but the seafood seem a bit salty... prob too much seasoning... the prawn seem to hav some saffron (or turmeric) on it.. yellowish... but nice n crunchy... lobster was great.. and scallop was yummmm

we took out own sweet time to eat... heee...

here comes dessert... took me very long to decide wat dessert i want cos its all chocolate.. my biggest enemy... and again i tot its comes in cake form... who noes... its another fondue!!!!!



Carribean chocolate fondue (contain rum).. i choose this because.. i know witht he extra alcohol it will help mi fight away the enemy a little... unfortunately... .the rum was too little... after I ate this.. I think i felt so sick in the heart.. mayb its like heart attack coming...



The icecream, eclaire, fruits, mashmallow and brownie that comes along with the fondue...

If the meal coems w/o the dessert.. I prob think Im NEVER FULL... cos u see the portion is freaking small... im a BIG eater k...

and the bill??? $160... omg... yea.. the set cost $135.. plus all the service charge, tax etc... bahhhhhh so ex... but dear choose it hahaaa... so Im excuse... hehe. anyway its once a year affair yea.. so.. well no regret..

We had a short walk ard the estate again aft lunch to retrieve our car...
see the big car park... plenty of parking space


free too.. so well.. no worries bout taking too long or hefty car park fees...
some restaurant I might want to try in future


The Prime Society... initialy dear wanted to eat this.. but i saw the menu.. pretty ex and not much ppl ard dunno nice anot..wait till i get more feedback...
Wanted to try OOsh..but I cant find it.. onli managed to find it on the way out of the estate...



some interesting antique shops there... selling all this ornaments for the house...