s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Night out of fun

ADVICE: If U cannot stand Blurry image... This post is not meant for you

Dear was feeling restless last night... we want out... out of the house to have fun.. but where can we go??
Finaly after much yakking.. we decided on what we want to do... Hurriedly, I took my camera and this


A red Pail

And where are we heading to??

More Hints



With a net basket...

Guess it??

No.. Not fishing...
Somewhat close...

Heres



Our Bait

Here we are



A Pond??

hmmm

We went prawning, a term which our family used when we go fishing for prawns..

we went to this Marina South pond to prawn a little.. Mum and Serene tagged along...
We used to prawn very often last time at the Jurong site.. but too far to go nowadays.. and we stop.. expensive hobby too... Somehow..prawning n fishing reminds me of my 1st time fishing at Lake Kenyir during school days... Fun Fun FUn... the long bumpy bus ride over night... with loads of fun w my classmates and my favourite principal... not forgetting.. then bumpy boat ride again before we reach the national park... And well... apart from the day trekking n team building activities... I will mug my books under the moonlight (major exam back then), study and fish at the same time... thats hw I got my 1st ever fish...

Ok enough bout the good old days...

Me.. as usual... gotto do the dirty job.. of cutting up the cockles and hooked them on as baits... no one but Serene and me can do this properly.. and she prob will puke at the smell of the cockles.. and sooo its my job.....

This is very important. How U hook the bait.. will determine if the prawn can get away scot free anot after eating the food...

I was busy w the cutting and finaly when I washed my hands.. ready to snap some pic around... Dear got his 1st prawn...


Again.. I do the dirty job.. of taking the hook out of the prawn and rebaiting it again.. that explaisn why the poto is blurr... i haven gt a pair of hand clean enough to hold my camera properly

Jus as I thought I can sit back relax after throwing the rpawn into the baset...
Mum got her 1st too... I get down to working AGAIN.... I cant rem how manyt imes I washed my hand last night



Little prawnie... trying to escape hehe...

The 1st half hour was good.. every 5 min we get a prawn.. with 2 rods... the later part.. the prawns seem to b sleeping... no one in sight.. and so dear went round looking for prawns... trying to lure them w his bait... errr... u tink it works?? NAHhhh





Serene decided to help out... with her 'baby power'.... still no prawn in sight
After 1 hour.. we decided to go home since the rental of the rod expire... tired to continue...

Heres out haul



Now U know whats the red pail for??



To transport the prawns back...

U can choose to BBQ them there.. but we want to reat the prawns in dad's tank hehe... we tried doing it last time.. 1 prawn was with us for more than 1 year...

The latest was 1 prawnie died today... hope the rest survive...