s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Refreshing ...

I wasnt in a baking mood today... since I prob din sleep well last night... Dear msg and ask if I wanna go to mum's place.. Thinking he prob wan to go otu aft being away for 2 days.. so i agree.. agreeing to it means.. I msut see my impy sister.. and she will nag me for macaron again.. and so before she can do it.. I shall get into action...


I was lazy I admit.. lazy to thaw my egg white.. and so I use my fresh egg which prob seem to b well.. a wrong decision...


Anyway.. I decided to do mango and lemon flavour... After setting the mac to dry, I went ahead with my new experiment... butter cream... this time round I used yolk for the buttercream since I have them lying around after using the whites for the shell...

Din take mi very long to do thou and I was quite impressed with the texture.. its fluffy yet not so oily like those buttercream I did last time... thanx to PT who share her precious recipe with me..


While doing the buttercream, I also did some lemon Curd... I love the sour curd.. slurp... Very refreshing... Gonna add them to the butter cream later on...


After 3 hours of fratic whisking n etc.. i pop my macaron to the oven.. Guess the wet weather plays a part to dryign them.. they dun seem as dry as before... or is it my FRESh whites?? since some ppl say old egg white are best for macaron...

3 min into baking.. to my HORROR .. some of my babes crack and have a hump on top.. BIG hump like camel.. sadz


Onli 30% of my mac came out nicely.. and these are the pretty ones





Orange shell--Mango Buttercream Macarons
Yellow shell-- Lemon Buttercream Macarons


I am guessing.. mayb I shouldnt use fresh whites... and of cos.. macaron cannot do last min.. need to have the 'mood'.. else they will just go on strike jus like today... they are unpredictable.. Just like woman... hehe


Try out both the flavour.. I prefer the Lemon ones while Dear prefer the mango ones...
I told mysel fI gonna use 2 pair for the lemon curd ones only... but I forgot! grrr... I wish to taste the sourish curd in my sweet mac.... well I guess I will try again tomolo

Fruitty macaron are really different from the chocolatey ones... More refreshing