s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Friday, October 12, 2007

Getting it Drunk

This reminds me of whenever we go to Crystal Jade... each of us will get a bowl of la mian.. and many side dishes to order.. 1 of them.. the Drunken Chicken.. Depending on ur luck.. sometimes U prob get the tough like no body business breast meat.. while other times u get the juicy thigh meat.. of cos with loads of shaoxing wine on it.. served cold...
Saw Pris made this the other day.. and I thought.. its high time we get drunk at home too.. and so Dear went with me to get the wine and chix at the supermart after dinner last night.. thou the step wast rather tedious n time consuming... its not hard to do actualy... not unless if u mind chilling ur dear chix over night and have it cold..

I guess the chicken wasnt fat enough... and thu no jelly like thingy was form... compare to pris. my chicken have thinner skin ..sob.. my beloved collagen...
Well.. its nice thou I find the wine taste not strong enough..shall drunk it more nxt round... but still tis nice... I had a quarter chicken in the morning..and this serve as a side dish for us jus now over dinner.. the remains?? I think it shall go into the porridge on sunday... after Im done w my roast duck tomorrow... More bout the duck tomolo yeahhh
Thanx Pris... for giving me courage to make this...