s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stuffed Foccacia with Ham and Cheese

The lure of making this bread came many weeks ago when I was shown the pretty pic at Dailydelicious that comes with recipe..
It looks simple enuff as a bread recipe... and its healthy... using only olive oil...
But seeing the recipe that uses 500g of bread flour, it means I definitely need to share with more than 1 friend.. and it means I can only make it on sunday morning before I leave for my game.
Aft many weeks, finaly today is the day. I sacrifice my weekend sleep-in habit to do this..
While the nonbaker will probably think its no different from ham n cheese sandwich, to me its special.. since the cheese n ham will stick to the foccacia since they all r bake together.
It takes about an hour or so to rise the dough after using the machine to knead the dough for 10 mins. No bread machine involved!
After slicing my cheddar into slices... I assembled them and its ready to bake... How easy...
Wrapping them up in greaseproof paper that makes it looks store bought.. its ready for delivery!
Look at the melting cheese..doesnt it seems to tell u to come n eat it fast??
Stuffed Foccacia with Ham and Cheese
Recipe:
500g bread flour
7g sugar
7g salt
7 g active yeast
275g water
50ml olive oil
Ham and cheese for stuffing
Parsley for garnishing
Method:
1. Mix dry ingredients well, add in olive oil and water and knead till smooth(10 mins)
2. Leave the dough in an oiled bowl and let it rest. Proof till double in size or 1 1/2 hour.
3. Divide dough into 2.. Roll 1 dough flat and place in baking pan.
4. Lined it with the ham n cheese...
5. Roll the other piece of dough.. and put over the filling. crimping the sides with the top and bottom dough to make sure nothg leaks out!
6. Let rest for another 30 mins.
7. Bake at preheated oven of 220degrees for about 22 mins(my own timing).
8. Serve warm!