s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Cake for a young Mum

Its Serene's Birthday.. nothg different except that this year she have got little prince Xavier to fight blowing out the candles w her haha... so I thought perhaps I should do a slighly matured theme for her.
I was stuck with orders over the weekend...that the big prob... everytime when I need to do cakes for family or personal reason... I will be stuck with orders by others.. haiz and its too paiseh to reject sometime...

I thought prob cupcake will be more of a better choice.. but I think she had cupcake last yr... and Im too reluctant to repeat the same thingy again. Cakes flavour r limited since there is a couple of cakes she doest eat.. and no alcohol either.. haiz... I decided on black forest, despite the fact I know I will not like the cake without the kirsch.. haiz.. too bad...

I frosted the cake before I left for my class this morning, so it was rather chop chop one.. and I forgot to cover my bowl of cream as I was rushing out.. end up.. the cream sort of dry up... and my pipe looks a tit too dryy... or is it I been too used to butter cream?



I try to mimick poppy flowers ont he cake.. Not too sure if I managed to do it well enuff until L msn me and say it looks like poppy.. haha guess I did it =).. I kind of visualised the flower on my perfume bottle hahaa...



Hope the birthday girl will like this...