s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Onigiri again

We ran out of idea for dinner again.. and I asked dear what e wants.. he say onigiri.. not a too good idea.. since I just pack all mybento stuff nicely n stashed it away... but no choice... big boy wants this for dinner LOL

I debone some drumlets, mariante w sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce.. lightly fry it with some spinach... for the onigiri filling.

The rice wasnt sticky enuff today.. guess not enuff water but they still hold up nicely. With some furikake mixed into the rice... in they go into the rice mould... I still find the round mould too big... seems like the filling cant go in much.. tsk tsk...

And yes. with my new toy.. the nori cutter... I punch out 2 pattern.. the star and the cute face...

Heres hw they look like...


Smiley Face Onigiri

oh yes.. I use the other round triangle mould too...


Starry Onigiri...

Im too tired to do other design.. so settle for this 2 1st.. hehe.. punching out the nori isnt easy in such humid weather....