s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cabbage Rice

I have never heard of cabbage rice until recently.. many said its easy, simple and nutritious..


Garnered some tips here n thr.. I proceed with this 1 pot meal today since my fridge is almost emptied...

Oh yes..when I went to buyt eh cabbage.. I saw some silver fish.. >I tot that makes a nice topping on the rice if its not saltish enuff... good choice!

After like many moons... I finaly use my rice cooker again.. I always use the stove to cook rice since thr is onli 2 of us at home... luckily its still working fine hehe



Cabbage rice

After an hour.. my cabbage rice is ready.... it smell nice.. but i tink prob i did not realy add enuff seasoning so it was rather bland.. lucky for the silver fish topping...

Before I forget how I roughly did this meal.. let mi recap...

1. Brown some chopped garlic, add in mushroom and dry shrimps... fry till fragrant.
2. Add some pork or chicken pieces, add some pepper.. i notice pepper is v impt.. give the rice a peppery flavour which I like.. add a dash or 2 of cooking wine.
3. cut up the cabbge into large chunks.
4. Rinse the rice and put the usual amount of water req.. I made a mistake bout the water.. added a bit too much so my rice was quite mashy...
5. Spoon all the filling into the rice cooker, drizzle with some sesame oil and cook till done..
6. serve warm witht eh silver fish topping.. I think fried garlic will b nice too =)

dear suggested adding meat ball next time.. .. surely its a nice dish.. will do it again =) with more seasoning of cos ...

Time to dig in the remainder for supper ...