s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Friday, January 25, 2008

CNY Goodies Part 1

Started my maiden CNY baking for the year of the Rat...

R have requested for herh order to be delivered tomorrow. Thus, I need to get my butt off the chair n work...

I have grown 'smarter' over the years.. and finaly found a way to makke my work load lighter(in someway) thou the work is actualy the same..
Well, working solo means I need to have perfecr planning for everything to fully utilised the time, space, power n etc.

Pineapple have definitely increased in price.. it was a whopping $1.20. I rem last yr was only $1 and of cos the year b4 that was less than a dollar.

Not forgetting butter, flour n sugar have risen in price(what have not???!?!)
I take extra caution not to waste(OR burnt) anything.

With much patience.. and also interuption... Finaly.. my 1st batch of pineapple tart are out of the oven...

Melt in the mouth.. not too sweet or sourish...



A* Pineapple tart

I used my precious spices I got bk fr PG for the jam.. the very good cloves and cinnamon..and there is absolutely no regret for the smell linger on for days in the kitchen... and I do hope the clients enjoy my tarts as much as I do...

While I bake 200 tarts.. 10% went into my tummy.. LOL.. I couldnt control myself.. and so to make sure the tarts are safe.. I summon J over to pick them asap hehe

J pop by when I was bakign the tarts.. I know Im not in time to give her when she came.. after she left.. I tot since I wan to make some goodies for her as well.. might as well lar.. so I go tmy butt down to do my fav almond cookies.. the one that is always earn full of praises.



Melt in the mouth Almond Cookies

Managed to do up 2 recipe before I call it a day.. Took me near 3 hours to do this 2 cookies.. and hehe..

Of cos this is made for today mainly for J.. and well ...she came to pick them before dinner... LUCKY.. else I think.. bo liao....