s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Finally its D day... I panick when I realised I need to do more than I thought... and I even tot of not doing this cake altogether... but no.. no way.... last yr the same thing happen.. and I miss making the cake, I dont think I want to miss it again. Moreover I haven got any gift and so this cake shall be the gift from me...

No inspirations of what to design the cake with until I chanced upon Su's blog. She did a very pretty cake and after much consideration.. I try to copy the flowers she did.. not much luck thou... So I touch up the flowers according to what I think it will turn out to be..

Heres my Lovely
cake.



The flowers was my imagined sakura aka cherry blossom... whether it looks liek the real thing anot.. I dun care haa.. cos this the best I could get..
I would have love to put more flowers... but my lethagic mood been hanging ard for the longest time.. and with the earlier cakes to do.. I onli manage so far...

A close up of some flowers...


I try to make the petals as thin as possible and it seems very fragile... I keep my finger cross while waiting for them to dry... thankfully.. non broke! haa

Meddling with my edible dust for the pollen in the middle.. then some gold n pearl dust for shimmer..

Again this is a black forest cake... somethg both of us like and also I use the remaining of half a cake from the previous cake to put the heart together... I cant wait to eat it... but... I must go for my French food 1st... hee

Happy 6th Anniversary to Us...
May our dreams come true....

Thank you Dear for the lovely Nikon D60 lens kit. ... Muackz