s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Going French

Dear kindly gave me a treat at Au Petit Salut on Thursday.... Reason?? NO REASON hehe...
After much hiccups.. from chaing the dates.. to even chaning the time.. cancelling the appt and last min book again.. Au Petit Salut..Here we come...



At Harding Road.. not too hard to locate... its at the previous Youth Flying Club building.. ahh no wonder dear noes his way so well.. that was his "play ground" in the past...

well.. food was not too bad.. in fact I was kidn of surrpise its cheaper than Halia.... and portion is definitely slightly bigger hehe

We were serve bread with butter...


Dear order our fav escargots.. and the waiter suggest w eat it w the bread too.. for the juicy buttery escargot pair vry well w the bread


I wanted my usual onion soup.. for I like to compare w the one I made at home.. hehe
good to add in more bread too.. thou its already serve with load sof breand n cheese soak inside...



Nice.. but can be better... if it cems w MORE sauteed onion... hehe

And as usual... dear had his lamb, with mash postatoes on the bottom... (dun u tink its looks almost exactly like what we had at Halia??)



and me.. as usual.. beef steak medium rare.. Yum... (again looks like the Halia one rite?)



Its a bit salty to me.. duno y.. anyway the beef steak is topped with sauteed onion(tink the onion went to the wrong bowl ah?? why to in the soup.. sobz)

And I order a salad to go w my steak as side dish.. fresh salad w terragon sauce.. Im glad I choose this sauce among the others such as pesto, raspberries etc.. cos the fragrant of the terragon really lift the taste bud a nouch higher... and it refreshes my salty after taste of the beef steak..



Dear ask me what dessert do I want.. as usual.. I dun fancy dessert(wonder what kind of girl am I).. i am never turn on by dessert.. esp well if it contain chocolate...
and dear odered this to share

Choux pastry with icecream filling.. topped with ALOT of bitter CHOCOLATE sauce and snow powder



err.... when I see that in front of mi, wanted to SCREAM... cos I really tink I dun like this dish.. despite hw GOOD is the chocolate... the chocolate is bitter n a bit sweet ot me.. taste ok..b ut I just dun like lar.. end up dear had 2 puff while I had 1...

All in all Think this is a pretty nice place to go... dear say we can go again for lunch which is also cheaper..

lets see how.. I think we over spent for this month liao heehee..

Bisous... (french for 'kiss')