s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Friday, September 14, 2007

Jajang Myun 짜장면,炸 酱 面

This week we been eating loads of jap/korean stuff for dinner... I tot it will be fun if I have 1 more day of korean food... thou I really miss my Ddeobokki 떡볶이 (dear is protesting against this dish cos I cook it too often), I decided to use my pack of korean black bean paste in my cupboard and my buckwheat noodles I got from Cold Stroage the other day for my 짜장면 today.. tweaking the recipe by pawpaw whom kindly share with me her recipe, I emerged with this dish



炸 酱 面
What U need:
500g minced beef– u can use cubed meat too
1 Onion, diced
2 large carrot, diced
4tbsp Chun Jang (see picture below)
2tbsp Olive oil
Corn syrup to taste
1/2 cup Rice wine
2cups Water
Corn starch mixture
Korean sesame seed and Spring Onion for ganishing

marinate for the minced beef :
5tbsp Rice wine
3tbsp Soya sauce
Dash of pepper

Marinate the meat in advance.

Buckwheat noodles(fresh or dry)
Cook noodles for 5 min in boiling water and transfer to a pot of cold water.

Method:
Fry onions with oil till transparent.
Add carrots and beef and fry briefly.
Mix chun jang with wine, corn syrup and add to the vege mixture.
Add water, bring to boil and add corn starch mixture.
Stir well

To serve
Top noodles with the sauce and garnish with spring onions and sesame seed.
Mix noodle and sauce thoroughly and eat heartily

pawpaw tips:
You can add a hard boil egg which goes extremely well with the noodles.

While dear complained that the sauce seem a bit too BLACK.. he slurp all up.. me too.. with blackie stains around my mouth.. just like a kid... hehe.. I almost wanted to do the SLURRPPP sound which the korean and jap do when they show on tv hahaa.. dear prob will be laughing away then... and he req me to do WHITE Jajang Myun.. how strange.....

This the how chun jang looks like
you can get it at the korean shop and selected supermart



And the nxt dish I hope I can cook will be the korean pancake, Buchimgae 부침개