s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Traditional Baked Mooncakes

Traditional Mooncakes is still one of everyone's favourite.. especialy with the salted egg yolks...

I rem mum loves the yolk so much that she used to buy 4 yolk set haha.. and when I was overseas, I missed 2 mid autumn fest, and the 1st one, mum sent us alot of mooncakes.. I tink errrr 4 boxes .... well it makes me and all dh's colleagues and their family happy... Im pleased too , for its a joyous occassion and everyone should be happy =)
Last year i learnt how to do the bake mooncakes.. however I have no guts to do it at home.. dun ask me why.... Anyway this year.. with the spurring of all my friends.. I decided to toy with baking them apart fromt eh snow skin ones.. however still .. all i can say is NO TIME yet.. Luckily My dear friend Linda was baking them today and since dear is on duty ... I decided to pop over and watch her bake despite my tiredness from the previous days errands running.
In the end I cant control but offer to lend a hand hehe.. itchy hand lar...
Linda did her own lotus paste, which is not too sweet... excellent!! For 1 reason i like to eat the yolk ones is becos I dont need to eat so much lotus paste hehe... but this one... it leaves me with no excuse not to eat... cos its really not that sweet...
Looks at the generous egg yolk... as round as the 15th moon...
I come to realise, apart from gathering on the special day to sip chinese tea and gazing the moon, baking with friends is as joyous. We had a great time baking, in the rain.. getting our feets wet from the splattering rain hehe... and many laughter and pointers exchg...
U dont have to wait till festive season to be happy... for everyday when we are with our friends who truely enjoy our company, its as good.
Now.. lets see if I can pull up my socks and start baking this yummies