s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Monday, September 17, 2007

Radish Cake

Saw some nice Japanese daikon the other day, and tot perhaps I should attempt radish cake again.. not that I failed in my previous attempt. I was happy w the previous.. but a friend kindly adviseme on how to make it better and so I decided to try out again.. and well.. I would say this is the BEST attempt...
Just take a look



Its very firm... with no watery soggy patch on top of the kueh.. in fact its smooth and pretty...
While I was flipping it over.. I accidentaly drop it on my table real hard.. I thought I prob have smashed the other side already.. to my surpriced.. its intact!




See the interior.. firm n nice... with loadsof lap cheong n shrimps...

Normaly I like to do it the HK way.. slice them up in 1 cm thick..pan fry it lightly till a bit brown.. top with XO sauce and eat.. but today i cant be bothered.. I slice and eat it immediately... sooo yummy...

yes I gg to chill the remainder.. pan fry them tonite..and giv some to Serene and mum.. hope it will entice her appetite a bit...


After Pan frying with my fav XO sauce consisting of dry scallops etc....



Meanwhile I appreciate the advice my friend share w me on this cake.... now i dun lem to go HK anymore hahahahahaa




```````