s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Vanilla Pods

Couple of weeks ago... I spotted someone who can supply me with FRESh pods via USA...
They are the Tahitian pods and the Magagascar Bourbon pods.
I am selling them at 5 for $10 and 3 for $10 respectively.. They are of cos the better ones than u can get in the local stores... these are all plump are full of pods, while the local stores one are a tit too skinny...


My Pods from USA.
you can see that its very moist looking.. meaning its not dried out..

Used some to make vanila extract.. some to make icecream today...



My ice cream before freezing...

I used to HATE vanila icecream.. becos there is this funny taste... guess its because of the artifical kind of vanila extract they used that put mi off. Using REAl vanilla beans/pods dun have such funny after taste.. in fact they taste heavenly... u will feel like drifting to cloud nine..

The best part about these pods are also.. they give u nice specks of black dots in ur icecream, custard etc...
Heres how the specks look like....

Pretty??

Lets see how they turn out tomolo