s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Monday, August 06, 2007

Tinas' Book

Tina is a errmmm swedish lady who host cooking show on SVT (a swedish channel). Frankly I dunno anythg bout this show at all.. why? because I live w/o a tv 90% of the time in sweden. yes no tv... we brought a tv thr.. and after 3 mth Dear and I realised that we dun need it... well.. I dun need tat tv to survive.. in fact i on the tv for the sake of utilising it ... end up we loppis it off(loppis=garagesale)


Just before we came bk home, my swede friend Lis told me bout Tina's book.. at that time there were 3 different copy of her books... I always see it at maxi or Åhléns but I never bother to buy nor refer... but somehow somethg got into me... and I bought 1 book just before I came bk... and Lis knowing I only got 1, got me the remaining 2 as well... So sweet of her.. well not that i dont want to buy it.. but its freakign ex.. I tink 200Kr for 1 book.. and its in swedish... no doubt i do understand a little if i really wan to read it.. but somehow im just lazy...






Anyway I haven really got the time to do anythg from those books.. but as I flip thru.. they do look pretty interesting.. not anythg similar to the fare we have bk then.. this look much more appetising hee...


1 thign why I dont want to read is becos I have try v had to shake off the swe-glish(swedish+english) kind of spellignand talking over the years.. and i dont want to hitch bk that bad habit.. unless i really can speak swedish well of cos i dun mind.. just dun want another version of singlish.


Ok enuff bout that.. look at what the book offer...
from Croq Au vin, to some nice cakes, and even coffeeshakes... ahh reminds me of O boy actualy hehe...
and oh yes they have got a section in 1 of the books where they show u diff kind of herbs, roots veggies, and even fish... frankly.. all ic an rem is lax and torsk back then.. who care bout other fish? i dunno hw to handle them hehe...

They have a few kottbullar recipe too... I tink i better get my butt down to tryign them.. guess I gotto flip out my dictionary soon

The other book that i got, is this



I rem I paid a rather high price for this.. maybe like 380Kr? Its in english and I got it from a shop in Stockholm while I was there to join dear when he went up there for training. As I roamed and saw this bok i cant help but to buy.. only becos its in english and Im willing to part my money with it... quite a bit of nice recipes too.. oh yes semlor recipes int hr too.. YUM

Thats about all... of cos the very last swede cook book is the oen from Ikea which i guess noone will need me to show a pic hhee... I love all these books.. they r my treasuresssss