s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Imperial Osmanthus Cake


Whenever I watch those TVB series..esp in those olden era... peopel liekt o give their love ones Osmanthus cake.. seems like tis the emperor's favourite... I always wonder how it taste like. I can only imagine the fragrance...

Finaly today I have enough courage to try it out.. added wofberries for the colour...

At 1st I thought it was a failure.. cos after steaming it was like thick and runny... not liek cake.. more like mousse.. I left it aside.. who knows after it cool down.. it set.. YIPEE! I use my chwee kueh mould and my SUPER mini chiffon mould to steam them.. why I say super mini? cos i got chiffon cake mould in 3 size.. the mini one is onli 2 inch wide hehhehe
---Gave Kellie and boys soem fo the above to try.. they love it.. Im so happie...
Guess this is a fantastic dish to make for CNY since its totaly vegetarian.