s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Steam Glutinuous Rice Wine Chicken

My dinner for yesterday!
Its a relatively simple dish... yes.. I need to cook simple dish now that my lil noise box.. or rather muscial box as some friends called is around... I need to do every swift n fast...
Since I have half a chicken left in the freezer n I do seriously need to clear the stash to store other stuff... I tot it be nice to try this out.. oh yes I got 5 bottle of rice wine in fridge to clear as well!!!
Wats even easier is that.. I even have frozen diced spring onions, minced and julianned ginger in the freezer! yea.. this is my post confinement stuff haaa.. loads to clear manz...

Strangely while this dish uses almost the same ingredients as the yellow wine chicken .. it sure taste different.. The Yellow wine chicken is good for cooking mee sua soup while tis is good for going with rice =)

Heres the very simple recipe....
Ingredients:
Chicken, chopped in small pieces
half to 1 cup of glut rice wine (I added 1 cup so I get more gravy for the rice)
2 teaspoon of sesame oil
salt to taste
minced ginger
julianned gigner (my preference to get some ginger bites)
cornflour

Method:
Mix everythg together n steam for 20 mins.
Garnish with spring onions and serve hot..

I use my pressure cooker to steam so the chicken will b softer

Steam Glutinous Rice Wine chicken

Nxt time round I shall add some black fungus as well =)