s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cereal Fried Rice

Months ago we had our 1st encounter with Cereal Fried Rice at 1 of the restaurant at Vivo City.
Fragrant.. was the word to describe...
Oh yes.. expensive too! it barely filled my tummy.. or perhaps it was too yummy thats y....
Immediately we tot of DIY it at home...

Moons later.. finaly.... I did it!
Sloggish day for me today... after many chores.. finaly I got my butts down to do this for dinner

Not exactly the same as the one in restaurant I must say... but its still realy Yummy!
1 thing thou... I cooked it too early and left it till dinner time.. the cereal arent crispy any more..
*frown* but its still yummy hahahaaaaa im a glutton!!!!

Its similar to cooking cereal prawns I guess but the last time I cook cereal prawns was when I was still staying in KA LOL...

Anyway heres how I cooked it

Cereal Fried Rice

Ingredients:

50g Butter (can be slightly more)
3 Egg yolk
Curry leaves
Chili padi
Salt n sugar to taste
Frozen mix vegetable
Prawns/shrimps
Crabstick, cubed
Nestle Cereal
Rice
Fish Sauce to taste

Method:
1. Melt butter in pan, add in egg yolk n fry till fragrant.
2. Add in curry leaves n chili padi n fry till fragrant.
3. Add in prawns, crabstick as well as frozen vege.
4. Add in Cereal n fry till fragrant n crispy. Be careful not to burn the cereal.
5. Add salt n sugar to taste...
6. Add in cooked rice and add a dash of fish sauce or 2 for some flavour...

Serve immediately!
Else the cereal will lose its crispiness!!