s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cherry

Before I log off for my short get away to Bintan, let me just finish with this post, in case u miss me for the next few days while Im away...

Cherry is on the list. mum bought some for Serene upon her request, and I was given some... err some as in.. I think I had 11 numbers of them hehe...






This small little cuties, are real expensive... It cost $20 per kg... Miss those days in Europe where such fruits are soooo cheap.

Picked the deep red and shiny ones... and pop them into your mouth ... err yea.. I cant resist.. I din even wait to wash them when I get home.. by the time I reach home.. I only have 3 cheeries left... Uneaten for the sake of photo taking...

Now, if cherry is going to get cheaper, I wll want to do my very own Maraschino Cherry.

Ripped the recipe off the web the other day

Ingredient :
200 gr black cherry
200 ml water
50 ml grape juice
200 gr sugar
1/2 tsp salt
lime juice from 1/2 lime
1 tsp almond extract/ essence

Methods :

Put ingredients in a saucepan bring to boil and thicken, add almond extract and black cherry for a minute and leave to cool overnight.

Strain the cherry and bring to boil the sugar syrup, let it cool.Put cherries into the pasteured jar then add syrup, close the lid and put in a fridge for 1 - 2 weeks.

Note:

The cherry can be soaked overnight with combination of water, a pinch of slaked lime( kapur sirih, Indo) or alum powder(tawas) and salt before boiling process for crispness.I dont have them.