Chocolate Mayo CakeFinaly did this logn awaited cake.. it uses no egg or butter.. but mayo instead..
This is the 1st time I make a cake with a hand whisk... no machine required..
nice soft and fluffy..
Thanx to Ginny for this recipe.. I modified the recipe abit..
1 tsp vanilla essence
120g plain flour
20g good quality coco powder
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1) Line a 7" square baking tin with parchment paper.
2) Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate soda together.
3) Place the sugar and sifted flour mixture into a bowl.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the mayo, vanilla essence and buttermilk till smooth.
5) Add mayo mixture to the flour and mix till the batter is smooth.
6) Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake at 170 deg C for 30 minutes.
I use 120 ml of milk added 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice to replace buttermilk.. since buttermilk is not easy to get and expensive too.
Good quality coco powder is very important... because the mayo taste will sort of cover the smell and taste of coco... thus making the cake very bland.