s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lazy Fish head and Mui Choy with Kailan

Finaly cook my threadfin fish head today... threadfin is consider very expensive.. I guess its 2nd mnost expensive after Cod fish... Bought half a head the other day thinking of cooking curry with it.. who knows... we had curry fish head last night with Audrey.. and thus I gotto change my menu



Simple NO fry braised fish head
Thus cook the fish head by boiling.. then make the sauce by sauteeing garlic, ginger with shallots...
Following boiling some mushroom sauce with soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil... thicken with cornstarch and then add some chili slices to it...
Por over the cook fish head.. and here it is... a new fish head dish.. want to try bitter gourd with fish head next...

** notice that i did not deep fry the fish head... Im lazy... and also i think it will be healthy minus all the deep frying

and I was still thinking of the simple yet yummy dish I had at petaling Street in KL..



Mui choy with Kailan...
I tried to copy the dish..but added mushroom to it.. since it been like donkey days since we had loads of greens n such...

Its easy I thought but I cant get the same taste..
Chop the kailan up into small cubes... seperate the stem from leaves... chop up mui choy as well..
Sauteed the garlic, add in the kai lan stem.. then the mui choy... add in the mushroom and sprinkle over a bit of salt for taste.. add the leaves and fry... serve hot.

I dont really give precise recipe measurement.. since diff people have different taste.. and i really cook by gut feeling.. so adjustment is needed for us all.