s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Green Pizza

Last nite... when I ask Dear what he want for lunch/dinner today.. he req for pizza.. and so.. ok dinner it shall be... knowing myself I will procastinate on making cos I need to make the dough from scratch... well.. at least I did it haaa



I love and hate pizza... love it cos i love cheese.. olives, capers, artichokes... I hate it cos I hate tomato sauce.. somehow.. this is 1 veggie/fruit u call it that i dun realy prefer.. thou i will not reject. Told dear if he want pizza gotto go buy tomato sauce as well as cheese.. the rest of topping will b straight out fr the fridge or freezer. Trying to be funny... I tot.. make the base w/o tomato... and whats the next best thing?? actualy I tot of curry hahaha but nah... too heavy... Hvaen been feeding dear with greens lately so I thought spinach will be good... and did a spinach pesto w/o nuts.. since I have none..



Well here goes my monster pizza...


Its my 1st time with this pizza base.. hope its good..tomolo can proceed to making another 1 for my sisters.


Before I forget what recipe I use.. here goes:

Dissolve in 2 cups warm water, in this order,
1 tsbp each of sugar,
1 tbsp active dry yeast (or 1 packet),
1 tbsp salt.

Blend in with a large spoon 5 to 6 cups Flour (you can also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil for flavor).
Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
Clean and grease your bowl, place the dough in it, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk (1 to 2 hours).

NEXT, preheat your oven to 220 degree and cut your dough, which you’ve punched down, into 4 pieces.THEN, roll out each piece, on a floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, into a circle to fit a 12” pizza pan. (To roll, work from the center to the outside like pie dough. Let the dough rest several times to relax it and make it more cooperative. Turn it over from time to time and roll the reverse side.)NEXT, brush on a bit of olive oil, spread pizza or spaghetti sauce lightly over the surface, and let your guests add their own toppings! Sprinkle the top with grated cheese.LAST, bake for 15 minutes.

Reciep adapted from King Arther Flour website