s (•'.'•) welcome to karlsfoodie

Sunday, July 16, 2006

My edible plants

Recently my craze for plants is back... in fact all the while i like to grow things.. just that I onli choose to grow edible thing... like chili, tomato, herbs...
I was growing from seeds most of the time now.. except for the pot of basil which Ester gave me in May, and 1 pot I bought from CS recently.. Rosemary that I got in end march ( i had 4 pots before that and all died cos they cant acclimatised..)... I grew some curry leaves from seeds as well...

Every morning whether i have to go work anot I wake up I go and stare at my plants next to my bedroom window.. my prized rosemary is there... thou the whole pot withered n died.. 1 sprig survived.. and its growing very well..hope it becume a bush soon.. thou i dunno when it becomes a bush where can I keep it... My baisl by Ester is there too along with my curry leaves... 1 already sporuted nicely after some advice from Aunty Carol.. cos Pauline gav eme 2 seeds to grow from.. 1 sprouted and turn black and died. I do not know why till i told aunty Carol..she told me was somemould problem cos spore too humid.. so the 2nd seed i grew it outside the window in a small pot..true enuff it sporuted nicely.. thank you auntry carol!!
Then Ester gave me 2 seeds too.. so i try to grow them again.. 1 sprouted after 2 weeks.. now its a tiny whiny shoot.. the other one im still waitin for it to take action.. dunno why so long no news... wait lor... and my purple chili is doing well at the platofrm now.. thanx to Pauline who gave me the seeds.

now here u see... my basil with purple flower!!! so happy... this is the one given to me by Ester...


and this is the one with green flower.. Bought it flowerless from CS fridge... its amazing...



this is my mini curry leaves.... hope it grow into a tree soon